Thursday, December 09, 2004

The Watchman

What say you, friend or foe?
Many like you I've seen,
Many like you have been
Torn apart from head to toe!
Brave are you to go
And proclaim that you're clean
When in truth you're obscene!
Your falsity I aim to show.
My eye examines all,
Nothing escapes its gaze,
I watch from atop the keep.
You think you have the gall
My doorstep to grace!
Away, I say, back to the deep!

Your face, your voice, they ring a bell.
Well with me your spirit rests.
Though you seem to pass all my tests,
I know that here you don't dwell.
Who are you? Why are you here, do tell!
Though I want to grant your requests,
My inner soul protests,
For it feels your intents aren't well.
Hence, passage I deny you,
Until further exam can confirm
That this gift contains no suprise.
To make you talk, there's nothing I won't do.
As I watch you writhe and squirm,
I conclude you tell nothing but lies.

My life is spent keeping the peace,
Keeping the hordes at bay,
And letting friends stay,
Until the battle will cease.
I am the watchman, the police,
I walk the walls day after day.
My duty calls me to take no holiday,
So I'm bound to my post without release.
I keep the watch, tireless, without sleep,
And forever will I protect
The city I keep watch for.
My duty to protect the sheep
Yields no visitor unchecked.
This is business as usual. This... is war.

2 comments:

coredump said...

See if you can figure out who (or what) The Watchman is. Feel free to discuss in the comments here.

Rob said...

i think it's your small intestine. it's the watchman of everything that enters your body.